Laundry Love is a ministry of showing love by providing the means (quarters and soap) to our neighbors who wash clothes at a local laundromate. It was inspired by the relationships built between a companion from Beloved Community and neighbors who come to One Big Tent. This ministry began with Beloved Community volunteers and support and has since grown to include St. Paul's United Methodist Church, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and Trinity Lutheran Church. It is also supported by One Big Tent. We continue to welcome volunteers and donations as we meet up at a laundromat on Wednesday mornings and Thursdays evenings to meet and serve our neighbors.
One Big Tent -- Stevens Point WI
donate time and be a companion to our neighbors, donate skills like: website management, social media content creator, grant writer, share One Big Tent's story and mission with other community partners to grow our network, serve on our Board, provide $ and resources for our neighbors
A team of folx in Beloved who respond to calls from assistance within our community, our local community, and our global community.
- We respond to natural disasters by raising funds to support Lutheran World Relief and Episcopal Relief and development.
- We collect coins to be able to build and sustain water wells to provide clean water throughout the world
- We have local household supplies for our neighbors
- We support local drives (like diaper drives, food drives, etc) for local community
- We support our neighbor ministries (like One Big Tent, Laundry Love, and Campus ministry)