- Potluck Dinner and Book Club-In March, Mother Jane will be facilitating a conversation about Richard Rohr's book, The Universal Christ (can be purchased at store/Amazon or borrowed from Library.) This book has two parts, so we will have two gatherings.
Part One: Sunday, March 1 at 5:45 pm in the narthex/gathering space. Bring a dish to pass and your copy of the book to discuss.
Part Two: Sunday, March 29 at 5:45 pm in in the narthex/gathering space. Bring a dish to pass and your copy of the book to discuss.
The Universal Christ is a wonderful book to help us deepen our understanding about God and how God wishes to work and live in us. This a book that needs to be read in "sips" rather than "gulps," so buy or borrow it from library now and begin reading. Make notes and jot down questions so we can have a nourishing conversation while we nosh on yummy potluck dinner. Bring your own beverages.
- STUDY GROUP- A new study group is being started for people in their 20s and 30s. This group will be held on Sunday nights at 6 pm, starting on March 1st and will be facilitated by Heidi Corcoran and Aaron Marx. More information coming soon, but mark you calendars now. It will run through Lent (ending April 5th).
- LENTEN GOSPEL STUDY- In a world that sometimes seems so divided, confused, and fearful, maybe it’s time to renew our understanding of the core Gospel values that can transcend life’s difficulties and provide us with a solid anchor that guides us through the challenges of each day. The small group discussion will use the book, “Living Waters from the Well,” which will be provided to each attendee. The group will meet in the Prayer Room on Sundays from 10:15 to 11:00 am, beginning March 1 and concluding on Palm Sunday, April 5. The sessions will be facilitated by Dan Schroeder, a member of Beloved Community. If you’re interested in joining this group, please let the office staff know (715-341-3233) Space is limited, so let us know soon!
- Mondays: All are welcome to a Bible study of the Gospel of Matthew. Pastor Karen Rendall will be looking closely at each chapter to find the gems that make this Gospel unique. Join her on Mondays at 2:00 p.m. in the Fireside room at 900 Brilowski Rd. You can join at any time. It is no problem if you have to miss a week, you can jump in at any time. Bring your Bible!
- Men's Bible Study: CHANGE IN PLANS- WE ARE NOW MEETING ON MONDAY’S
We are still be meeting at O’s Brewery from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
WE WILL BE ORDERING PIZZA FROM MICKEY’S
Book- Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?
Monday, February 24- Chapters 12 and 13
Monday, March 16- Chapters 16 and 17
Monday, March 30-Chapters 18 and 19
Monday, April 6-Chapters 20 and 21
Monday, April 20-Chapters 22 and wrap-up
Any questions please contact the office at 715-341-3233
- First Tuesday of Each Month: Senior's Breakfast Club: The first Tuesday or the month approximately 12-16 senior citizens meet at nine o'clock a.m. for breakfast at the Park Ridge Cafe on Church Street. There are those who are single or have spouses--it makes no difference. We spend an hour with prayer, sharing, making new friends, and just having fun! Dorothy Tiede has been leading this group for the past eight years and generally brings special stories, jokes, and bits of wisdom. All are Welcome!
- Women's Book Club:Thursdays at 3:00 p.m. Currently we are meeting at Brookdale.
- Social Justice Advocacy Committee: We have our own page! Hover over "Going to Serve" on the menu to be taken to the Social Justice Advocacy page.
- Wednesday Night: This year we are offering a few new options for those who wish to dive deeper into their understanding of the Bible and how one’s faith intersects with one’s everyday life. Like last year, our Confirmation class will be involved, but they will have their own conversation group while adults and young adults will have their own small groups. Wednesdays will have the following opportunities:
Messy Church: This is an all-generations gathering that explores a verse/story of the Bible through activities: art, conversation, journaling, experimentation. The night begins with the Bible verse/story and brief conversation, then folks are invited to go to as many different stations as desired: maybe just one, maybe all the options that night. Each station will have a different way to explore aspects of that Bible Verse to help us apply the Word to our Lives. Exploring the Word in Community = Church (just a bit messier than Sundays!) Messy Church will be the first Wednesday of each month (September’s first gathering is an exception to this rule as this is Orientation night for the classes).
M&M Nights: Yes, you read that right: M&Ms! And we don’t just mean the candy (but there will be some of that as well).
Dan Erlander wrote an extensive retelling of the Bible, focusing on God's grace and never-ending love for humanity. Manna and Mercy is a book about God—more specifically the God of the Bible who is present and active in human history and all creation. Using Jesus' life, death, and resurrection as our guide, we will journey through all of Scripture to reclaim its message of life, justice, and inclusion for all people.
On M&M nights, we will begin as a large group (Confirmands and adults) to review that night’s reading (yes, there is homework). Then the Confirmands and Adults will split up into their own small groups for conversation, discussion, questions and contemplation. We will come back together at the end for community prayer. M&M will happen twice a month (most months) until we wrap up in February (just before Lent). This is an opportunity to let the Word break open into your life in a way, perhaps, it never has before now.
CTM: Conversations that Matter:
This is open to members of the Beloved Community, but also to anyone interested in the issue/topic. We plan to bring in speakers (either in person or via video) with a wider grasp of the topic to bring about a fruitful conversation. Mark your calendars and invite your friends.
Wednesdays180 Calendar for Confirmands and Adults Second Semester
February 26: Ash Wednesday
March 4: Evensong + Small Groups Kiddos + Youth (World Faiths and Denominations)
March 11: Evensong + Small Groups Kiddos + Youth (World Faiths and Denominations)
March 18: Evensong; no 180
March 25: Evensong + Small Groups Kiddos + Youth (World Faiths and Denominations)
April 1: Lent Family Worship with Stations
April 8: Holy Week; no 180
April 15: Small groups
April 22: Small groups (perhaps a conversation that matters)
April 29: Final Messy Church
May 6: Celebration and picnic