Dwelling in the Word:
Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Join us in our Google Meets Gathering as we look at one of the Readings for the Upcoming Sunday. We will consider some historical context as we wonder about the connections to our lives, the world and what the Spirit might be nudging us toward in the Word.
Men of Faith: Is now meeting via Zoom. Contact the office or Gary Cumley for information.
Currently meeting Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Next Book to discuss: Everything Belongs by Richard Rohrt
REframe: A gathering to re-frame our understandings about God, church, and our everyday lives. What does faith have to do with how we live? How is being a Christian relevant to my everyday world? This is a Zoom Gathering that can also be seen on our Facebook Live Page. Click REframe
Check out our resources by clicking here: Eradicate Racism
Sundays Study: Allegiance to Empire: Join us after Sunday Gathering
Questions from 1/24:
1. How might the church engage in prophetic practices of truth telling? What untruths about the history of America’s “white entitlement” culture need to be unraveled from the church?
2. How can the church and community help work through public attitudes and policies?
3. How do practices of hospitality, generosity, and forgiveness provide alternative ways to act out in the world?
4. How does Sabbath contribute in “breaking the vicious cycle of production and consumption”?
5. Brueggemann talks about how many German Christians chose a “cheap grace” in order to not choose between gospel and nationalism. How does the Christian church often choose between the gospel and nationalism or between the gospel and military consumerism?