- LUTHERAN EPISCOPAL VOLUNTEER NETWORK (LEVN)
LEVN, the Lutheran Episcopal Volunteer Network, is looking for young adults (age 21-30) for an 11-month program of non-profit volunteer service and learning about social justice. From the end of August 2020 to the end of July 2021, our corps members will be provided housing, utilities, health coverage, spiritual direction, and a $535/month living stipend. We also offer a $1000 re-entry grant at the completion of the program.The placement sites for the upcoming program year include faith-based non-profits, secular non-profits, congregations, outdoor ministry, and our campus ministry at UC Davis. These service sites address issues of homelessness, food insecurity, unemployment, children and youth ministries, and other important social justice issues facing our communities. We gather each week for evening prayer, dinner, and formation. The corps members live in intentional community in an apartment attached to our campus ministry center in Davis, CA. We're an ecumenical program in the Episcopal Service Corps network; applicants needn't be either Lutheran or Episcopal to apply—interest in Christian spirituality is the only expectation. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until July 31, 2020. Visit levn.org or contact Program Director Casey Dunsworth at 530-756-1550 or email@example.com for more information!
- Hospice is looking for volunteers. For a small amount of time, you can make a big difference in someone's life. Aspirus Comfort Care & Hospice Services are in need of loving and caring individuals to work with terminally ill patients and their families. There are many opportunities available. To become an Aspirus Hospice Volunteer or to find out more information, please call Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services Volunteer Coordinator at 715-847-2424 or 1-866-331-2467 or visit our website www.aspirus.org/volunteers
- MOBILE PANTRY --The Mobile Pantry always needs donations. We have a grocery cart in the Narthex. Fill it up with non-perishable items that we can donate to the Mobile Pantry.
- OPERATION BOOTSTRAP--Operation Bootstrap needs all sorts of food donations, money, toiletries, and brown paper bags. You can put any of these items in the grocery cart also and someone will take them over to Bootstrap.
- CAP SERVICES-- Please see the Outreach portion of our bulletin board CAP Services Wish List.
- PORTAGE COUNTY LITERACY COUNCIL (PCLC) is located in Stevens Point and provides classes and tutors free of charge to adults at convenient locations throughout the county. Our mission is to help adults that live and/or work in Portage County develop the basic math and English literacy skills necessary to achieve economic self-sufficiency and community integration. Learn more about the program and how you can help by visiting: https://pocolit.org/