- MOBILE PANTRY --The Mobile Pantry always needs donations. We have a grocery cart in the Narthex. Fill it up with non-perishable items that we can donate to the Mobile Pantry.
- OPERATION BOOTSTRAP--Operation Bootstrap needs brown paper bags. You can put those in the grocery cart also and someone will take them over to Bootstrap.
- CAP SERVICES-- Please see the Outreach portion of our bulletin board CAP Services Wish List.
- CAP Services provides free tax preparation to low-income families in Portage County through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. We anticipate an increased demand for our services in 2020, and we will need volunteers to help us meet that need. Individuals can get involved in one of three ways: through a weekly commitment to conduct intake activities, prepare taxes, or through an occasional (1-2x/month) commitment to offer interpretation services. No previous experience is needed for any of these positions! CAP will provide in-person and online training, free of charge, to all interested volunteers beginning in mid-December. The tax site operates from late January to mid-April. Sign up at www.capservices.org/vita.
- PORTAGE COUNTY LITERACY COUNCIL (PCLC) is located in Stevens Point and provides classes and tutors free of charge to adults at convenient locations throughout the county. Our mission is to help adults that live and/or work in Portage County develop the basic math and English literacy skills necessary to achieve economic self-sufficiency and community integration. Learn more about the program and how you can help by visiting: https://pocolit.org/