Thank you for supporting our community!
- United Thank Offering--We can find many things to be thankful for during this time. Many from all walks of life have been pitching in where they can help neighbors in need. We need to remember the good during this pandemic. This is a time to remember the Diocese of Fond du Lac’s United Thank Offering [UTO] ministry. This ministry is an opportunity for us to show how thankful we are for the gifts we have been given. During and shortly after the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918, UTO provided grants which were used to increase the number of women missionaries serving as teachers and nurses around the world. Other grants supported churches and hospitals. There are two in-gatherings held annually in the diocese, one in spring and one in fall. Due to the pandemic they have delayed the date for the spring event to June 20, 2020. I hope you will consider giving to this worthwhile ministry. You can do so by:
- Giving online at diofdl.org/uto where you can indicate your congregation
- Or send a check made payable to UTO, indicating your congregation in the memo line and send in care of the Diocese of Fond du Lac,1051 N. Lynndale Dr Ste 1B, Appleton WI 54914 Thank you for your consideration and may we continue to always be thankful.
- Project Fresh Start--It's time for Project Fresh Start! This year is different. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our concern for the safety of families and volunteers, we will not be holding a distribution event in August. Instead, school supplies will be delivered to each school. Families will receive supplies at back to school night or via school staff members. Though Project Fresh Start is different this year, that does not mean we will need fewer supplies. We predict that there may be an increase in families registering to receive supplies with the financial strain that the pandemic has caused. There are two ways that you can donate:
- Send a check to: United Way of Portage County, 1100 Centerpoint Dr Ste 302, Stevens Point, WI 54481. Put Project Fresh Start in the memo line.
- Purchase items through Amazon and have them sent directly to the United Way using the following link: https://a.co/50cEnIC
Thank you for supporting our community!
- STAY SAFE; STAY HOME (FOR THOSE WHO ARE ABLE)-Beloved, I know some of you are still required to go into work. Some of you cannot stay safe at home. But, if you can, please do. Flattening the curve means this whole thing will last longer, but less people will die; our hospitals won't become so overwhelmed because the height of people sick at one time will be lower. Flattening the Curve means we can care for one another better. Please hold up those in our wider community, and those right here in our Beloved Community, who are Police Officers, Health Care Workers, Care Providers, Truck Drivers, Grocery Store Workers, Janitors and Cleaners, EMTs and Fire Department Officers, Farmers, and all these other essential workers who are still working so that we can continue to get the essential items during this time of pandemic. While we pray for God's mercy, let us live out God's mercy. Kyrie Eleison.
- PRAYERS, BLESSINGS, AND THANKSGIVINGS- Since we need to worship via facebook, if you would like a prayer, thanksgiving, or a blessing to be shared during worship please share it via the prayer request form on our website. To access the form, go to www.belovedcommunitysp.org, click on Gathering at the top of the page, and then choose Prayer or click HERE to be taken to the page directly. (To be part of the Sunday worship service, this needs to be shared by Friday at noon. Or if you want to share a prayer request that you do not want to be part of worship, please note that in your request.)
- COMPASSION AND CARING FUNDS-We are building up the Funds we use (Good Samaritan and Rector's Discretionary Funds) to respond in compassionate and caring ways to folks within the Beloved Community and in the wider community. We have been able to help some folks this past week get to the Food Pantry to get needed food supplies, to do their laundry, and we are working with some folks with their housing. We know the need for these funds will grow and as a faith community if we can help those to whom we are connected, it will ease the pressure on other resources and sources that are also helping folks. If you are able to help, you can send checks (made out to Redeemer Lutheran Church for the Good Samaritan Fund or to Intercession Episcopal for the Rector's Discretionary Fund). Intercession's online giving provides you the ability to make note of where you want your giving to go. If giving via Redeemer, choose Good Samaritan Fund. And if you find yourself in need, please contact the office or Mother Jane; we are all in this together. To access the Giving page on the website, click HERE.
- AMAZON SMILE-Both Intercession and Redeemer have Amazon Smile accounts. Next time you are making a purchase through Amazon, please you one of them. Go to smile.amazon.com to begin. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- CREATION CARE- 52 Ways to Care for Creation: Follow this link for a post that offers tips on how to care for God's creation each week of 2020.
- REACHING OUT TO OTHERS- We want to thank all of you who have contributed items to our Warm Stitches and Prayers Ministry. The Beloved Community supports people with warmth, prayers for healing, and celebration of blessings. Please keep those handmade items coming. Please help distribute these items as well. If you know of a need, (think of newborns, the ill, the shut-ins, or those who are grieving-- whether members or friends) take an item from the rack or the bin in the last cupboard under the windows toward the right, and pass it on. If you want more info on this ministry contact Judy Ordens or Carol McCarrier.
- ONLINE GIVING-Did you know that you could donate to Redeemer and/or Intercession through our website? Online giving is easy, safe and convenient. Both churches are located on the same web page. To find the page go to www.belovedcommunitysp.org and click on "GIVE" at the top of the page where you can choose which church you are giving to and fill out the form or click HERE. If you would like to have a reoccurring payment withdrawn automatically from your account or if you have any questions, contact Mary at 715-341-3233.
- STAY CONNECTED-Would you like more information on what is happening in our Synod and Diocese? If so, you can sign up for their eNews. For the Lutheran Synod eNews, click LUTHERAN. (The form is at the bottom of the web page.) For the Episcopal eNews, click EPISCOPAL.